Zenas King Bowstring Bridges were first built during the time of the Civil War.
The June 27,2004 New York Times article by Michelle York reporting the celebration and dedication of the Zenas King Iron Bowstring Bridge in Newfield N.Y., photograph by Bill Wingell.
The stone and morter abutments from 1873 can still be found under the King Bridge today.
One of the earliest bridge plates included the initials K & F & Z King Patent.
During the late 1800's many mills dotted the landscape along the West Branch of the Cayuga Inlet- in the shadow of the King Bowstring Bridge.
Newfield Mill Park overlooks the King Bridge
Each season brings beauty to the bridge